Nov 26, 2010

Vietnam's National Soup

Far Hanoi has many things to remember, to hook the back. The historical evidence of thousands of years, the Trang An elegant man, the days of summer "season scattered shower", the incipient cold afternoon with a "golden autumn Daisy" ... And even with the pho Nguyen Tuan, "Hanoi's me" again ...

Before boarding the plane from Hanoi, I still keep up the Thin noodles, pho restaurants for breakfast intestine, says his parents told to remember the taste of Hanoi.

I'm sure the majority of Hanoi, pho is not fussy like a particular way or Thach Nguyen Tuan Lam praised the work that forever after known from Hanoi when I read, it's as simple as people in Hanoi is pho, a noodle like breakfast, eat at night.

I do not know why, Mr Nguyen said that only last September called pho noodle soup, I just like to re-noodle, sometimes switch to change the bucket, or even years. Although eating pho alley near his home early, or later when the time is a series of pho restaurants are famous people begin proceedings: From Dwarf, Bat Dan, "Trade" Ly Quoc Su, very observant to notice the new the difference between the pho restaurants in Hanoi.

It seems that poor quality noodles will not exist with the capital Hanoi was known gourmet. I've never been to Saigon, to enjoy the noodles are sweet brackish estuaries north of capital through the times just to enjoy hearing. Also going out in various places around Hanoi, only a few times to eat something called a "noodle", i never eat again, if there is too fussy and not biased?

A friend of the South Hanoi me wonder why more restaurants in Hanoi did not have people serving bowl until lowland areas. Know how, as has become habit, holding a bowl like it when standing in line at the counter next to the pho box, was looking to sell his own flesh and Lowland Thai seating bowl of hot food quickly to sweat and clear broth, then you will not soon going to be feeling relaxed service dedicated distinctive South.

Pho where I was, people referred to by full name, street, Hanoi capital city, Pho Bac, etc. .. but I recognized as my Hanoi, never! My Hanoi, noodle cake is fresh, soft and tough, no price or winning bid live through boiling water, basil, "dog" or have you put in the bowl of brackish estuaries "train" to look like a bowl but bored. The first day I eat pho in Hanoi from halfway around the world, I call it bread boiled, so that five years without a home, I got used. When eating noodles saw blades when not eating vegetables, sprouts and basil that is quite pleasant. If suddenly startled when I eat pho Ha Noi on light mode, or step into publishing as pho restaurants are Vietnamese who live here? Who knows!

So right about it. My Hanoi after 5 years, many changes too! But fortunately, pho noodle soup and found my still, there is a reasonable cost by 2, 3 trillion due to inflation. I still bowl, but now I have enough to eat two bowls of it, no cost, no basil, no more meat, but the soft flesh, the smell of noodles and noodle shops and smoky coal dust I find that familiar feeling of many years to get it. My Hanoi, even if I have to change how, still pristine, pure vice, the ginger, anise, mingled smells of beef fat renders a distinctive flavor. And I, after a few days new to apartment houses, new streets, returned to Hanoi familiar as I lived, with the streets of childhood.

A short time back, I knew that I was in Hanoi to Hanoi's old, has me feeling calm and comfortable. Although this future McDonald fast food, KFC grows, people have to eat in Hanoi to try the pho 24, pho Cali for "lifestyle" of the shiny diner, to the process of pho, the noodle industry's I, with bowl offspring, consistent with the saggy old fell slightly and found the queue will still exist as pho, but the identity of the value of Thang Long thousand years from now, but forever remain so. And the children of Hanoi from the countryside, including me, would ever date back to Hanoi, to be held in line pho, "the re-cooked dishes, a thousand back ...".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger